Some taxi-related noise is entirely caused by the passengers – e.g. large groups of students assembling on the pavement before the taxi arrives.
If a taxi-driver sounds the horn, leaves the engine running for long periods, etc., you might want to:
Take a note of:
- The vehicle registration number and/or the taxi licence number
- The name of the taxi company
- The make and model of the taxi
- The time of the incident
If possible, speak to the driver.
If unable to do so, or they fail to cooperate, you can make a complaint to Taxi Licensing at the Council in one of two ways:
- fill in the online form, following the link at this page
- or email email@example.com, with details of:
Date and time, Location, Nature of problem,
Reg number, Make/model of taxi, Taxi company, Name of driver if known.